Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pasta
Nothing beats this light and flavorful Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pasta!
If you find me eating pasta in the summer, it’s usually a cold one. But this Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pasta has captured my heart. With only 4 ingredients (if you don’t count salt & pepper) it is the most mouthwatering sauce that won’t weigh you down.
No cream, butter or heavy dressings! Only fresh, clean ingredients combined to make your new favorite pasta. Serve it on it’s own or as a side at your next BBQ.
Start by drizzling 3 red bell peppers with olive oil. Place them on a grill, over medium heat, and continue to cook until peppers begin to char. Make sure to turn them often.
When the skin of your peppers are charred and begin to soften, remove them from the grill. Quickly place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the peppers steam for approximately 10-15 minutes.
Once the peppers are cool enough to handle with your hands, remove the skin of peppers. The skin should easily peel off. (I prefer to do this under a cool stream of water in my sink, if the peppers are still too warm). Next, remove the stem and seeds.
Place the peppers in a food processor with one 8 oz can of tomato sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 Tbsp dried basil and a dash of salt & pepper. Blend until you have a smooth consistency. Pour over the pasta of your choice and enjoy. I used 8-10 oz (uncooked) of gluten-free rotini pasta.
It’s summer, so why not use your grill to make the most delicious pasta sauce ever!
Looking for another pasta dish that is perfect for summer? Check out more below:
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pasta of your choice- I used 8-10 oz (uncooked) of gluten free pasta
- Drizzle bell peppers with olive oil. Place on a grill, over medium heat. Cook until peppers begin to char, making sure to turn often.
- Remove from grill, quickly place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the peppers steam for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove skin of peppers, stem and seeds. Place in blender with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour over pasta and enjoy!